(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Czech It Out Amber Lager
Amber lagers are a style brewed and enjoyed around the world, leading to their widespread regional interpretation. This Czech-style amber lager may not be as popular as pilsners, but it is an excellent beer.
Style: Light Lagers / Pilsners
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 3 lbs Briess CBW® Pilsen Light Dry Malt Extract 60 min boil 2.5 lbs Briess Carapils® Copper Malt Steeping grain 1 oz Czech Saaz Hops (5.0% AAU) 60 min boil 1 oz Czech Saaz Hops (5.0% AAU) 20 min boil 2 lbs Briess CBW® Pilsen Light Dry Malt Extract 0 min boil 2 packs White Labs WLP800 Pilsner Lager Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 152°F and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains and stir in 3lbs of CBW® Pilsen Light DME.
- Bring water to a boil and add 1oz of Czech Saaz hops.
- After 40 minutes, add 1oz of Czech Saaz hops.
- Boil 10 more minutes and add yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 additional minutes and turn heat off.
- Stir in 2lbs of CBW® Pilsen Light DME until dissolved.
- Cool beer to 55°F. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch two packs of White Labs WLP800 Pilsner Lager yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 50°F – 55°F.
Secondary Fermentation: 4 weeks at 50°F – 55°F.
Fermentation Notes: 24 hours before bottling, bring beer to 56°F to finish. Force carbonate or bottle condition at 55°F with¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet of WLP800 Pilsner Lager Yeast for 4-5 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.053
Final Gravity: 1.013
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%