(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Frostbite White IPA
A winter seasonal style that emerged from IPA, the most popular craft beer style in the US. It uses a combination that takes the grain bill of Belgian Witbier, but utilizes American hops. The wheat base stands up well against the citrus hops.
Style: India Pale Ale
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Services Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 3 lbs CBW® Pilsen Light DME 60 min boil 3 lbs CBW® Bavarian Wheat DME 0 min boil 1 lb Wheat Malt, White Steeping Grain 0.5 lb Briess Insta Grains® Oat Flakes Steeping Grain 0.5 lb Caramel Vienne Malt 20L Steeping Grain 1 oz Simcoe® Hops (13% AAU) 60 min boil 1 oz CitraTM (12% AAU) 10 min boil 2 oz CitraTM (12% AAU) 5 min boil 2 oz CitraTM (12% AAU) 0 min boil 2 packs WLP051 California Ale V Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 154ºF and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, and stir in 3 lbs CBW® Pilsen Light DME.
- Bring water to a boil, add 1 oz of Simcoe hops.
- After 50 minutes, add 1 oz of Citra hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 5 more minutes and add 2 oz Citra hops.
- Turn heat off and add 2 oz Citra hops.
- Stir to dissolve 3 lbs Briess CBW® Bavarian Wheat Dry Malt Extract.
- Cool beer to 70ºF. Transfer to fermenter, Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch two packs of White Labs WLP051 California V yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 1 week at 66ºF - 70ºF
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 66ºF - 70ºF.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet WLP051 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.061
Final Gravity: 1.015
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 6%