(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Rye-Rye Imperial IPA
Briess Rye malt and Caramel Rye malt are a perfect wight to add a subtle depth of flavor against the 8 ounces of hops in the Double IPA. At 8% ABV and 98 IBUs, this big beer is surprisingly well balanced with beautiful Galaxy hop aroma.
Style: India Pale Ale
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: All grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 14 lbs Brewers Malt 1 lb Rye Malt 1 lb Caramel Rye Malt 1 oz Centennial Hops (10.0% AAU) 3 oz Citra® Hops (12.0% AAU) 4 oz Galaxy™ Hops (13.0% AAU) 2 packs WLP051 California V Ale Yeast 1 capsule Seyvomyces Yeast Nutrient
- Bring 5.3 gallons of water to 166°F.
- Mash grains at 153°F for 1 hour.
- Heat 4.2 gallons of 180°F sparge water in a kettle.
- Sparge and collect 6 gallons in kettle; bring to boil.
- Add 1 oz Centennial hops.
- After 50 minutes ad 3 oz Citra® hops and yeast nutrient.
- After 8 more minutes add Galaxy™ hops.
- Boil 2 more minutes and turn heat off.
- Cool beer to 70°F. Transfer to fermenter.
- Pitch a pack of White Labs WLP051 California V Ale Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 66°F-70°F.
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 66°F-70°F.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with 3/4 cup dissolved priming sugar and 1/4 packet of WLP051 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.080
Final Gravity: 1.020
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 8.0%
Share this recipe