(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Tangerine Scream Wheatwine
Wheatwine has become a popular seasonal style for breweries in the winter months. With its sweet and strong backbone, it's a great style to age. We took this behemoth of a beer and add a nice healthy dose of hoppy citrus goodness.
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Services Staff
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 5 lbs Briess CBW® Bavarian Wheat Dry Malt Extract 60 min boil 5 lbs Briess CBW® Bavarian Wheat Dry Malt Extract 0 min boil 1 lb Briess Brewers Malt Steeping Grain 0.5 lb Briess Wheat Malt, Red Steeping Grain 0.5 lb Briess Caramel Munich 60L Steeping Grain 1 oz Mosaic Hops (12% AAU) 60 min boil 2 oz Mosaic Hops (12% AAU) 20 min boil 1 oz Mandarina Bavaria Hops (9% AAU) 10 min boil 1 oz Mandarina Bavaria Hops (9% AAU) 5 min boil 2 oz Mandarina Bavaria Hops (9% AAU) 0 min boil 2 packs WLP007 Dry English Ale Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 152°F and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains and stir in 5 lb of CBW® Bavarian Wheat DME.
- Bring water to a boil and add 1 oz of Mosaic hops.
- After 40 minutes, add 2 oz of Mosaic hops.
- In 10 minutes, add 1 oz Mandarina Bavaria hops.
- Boil 10 more minutes and add 1oz Styrian Aurora hops, and yeast nutrient.
- After 5 more minutes, add 1oz Mandarina Bavaria hops.
- 5 minutes later, turn off heat. Add 2oz Mandarina Bavaria hops.
- Cool beer to 70°F. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch two packs of While Labs WLP007 Dry English Ale Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 1 weeks at 67°F -70°F.
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 67°F -70°F.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet of WLP515 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.091
Final Gravity: 1.019
Alcohol by Weight: 9.5%
Alcohol by Volume:
Tags: Wheat, Bavarian Wheat, DME, Wheatwine, Caramel Munich