(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Texas Smokin’ Blonde
Big blonde bouffants and mesquite smoked barbeque. We must be talkin' Texas! This blonde ale captures both in a truly tasty way. A blonde is a perfect back drop to showcase Briess' Mesquite Smoked malt. The distinct flavor of White Labs Bedford British ale strain makes this beer as unique as Texas.
Style: Cream Ale
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 6.6 lbs CBW® Golden Light LME 60 min boil 1 lb Smoked Malt, Mesquite Steeping grain 0.5 lb Wheat Malt, Red Steeping grain 1 oz Liberty Hops (4.0% AAU) 60 min boil 1 oz Willamette Hops (5.0% AAU) 10 min boil 1 pack WLP006 Bedford British Ale Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 152°F and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains and stir in 6.6 lb of CBW® Golden Light LME.
- Bring water to a boil and add 1 oz of Liberty hops.
- After 50 minutes, add 1 oz Willamette hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 more minutes and turn heat off.
- Cool beer to 70°F. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch a pack of White Labs WLP006 Bedford British Ale Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 1 week 67°F-70°F.
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 65°F-67°F.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with 3/4 cup dissolved priming sugar and 1/4 packet of WLP006 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.051
Final Gravity: 1.013
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 5.0%