(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
“Wit”ness Pale Ale
If you’re a fan of white IPAs looking for something a bit lower in ABV, give a white pale ale a try. This one features zesty hop aroma along with flavor of orange and tangerine.
Style: Pale Ale
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: All grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 8.25 lbs Briess Pilsen Malt Mashing grain 2.25 lbs Briess Torrified Wheat Mashing grain 0.5 lb Briess Caracrystal® Wheat Malt Mashing grain 5 oz Rice Hulls (optional) Mashing aid 0.5 oz Summit Hops (17% AAU) 30 min boil 1 oz Mandarina Bavaria Hops (8.5% AAU) 20 min boil 0.5 oz Summit Hops (17% AAU) 10 min boil 0.25 oz Bitter Orange Peel 5 min boil 4 oz Mandarina Bavaria Hops (8.5% AAU) Secondary Fermenter 1 pack White Labs WLP400 Belgian Wit Ale Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 3.9 gallons of water to 166°F.
- Mash grains at 154°F for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat 3.9 gallons of 180°F sparge water in a kettle.
- Sparge and collect 6.3 gallons in kettle; bring to boil.
- Boil 30 minutes, then add 0.5 oz Summit hops.
- Boil 10 more minutes and add 1 oz Mandarina Bavaria hops.
- After 10 more minutes add 0.5 oz Summit hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 minutes and turn heat off.
- Cool beer to 74°F. Transfer to fermenter.
- Pitch one pack of White Labs WLP400 Belgian Wit Ale Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 70°F - 74°F.
Secondary Fermentation: Add 4 oz of Mandarina Bavaria to fermenter. Ferment for 2 weeks at 67°F - 70°F.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet of WLP400 Belgian Wit Ale Yeast for 3-4 weeks at 70°F.
Original Gravity: 1.053
Final Gravity: 1.012
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 5.5%