(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Caracrystal® Abbey Ale
Abbey-style ale formulated with the distinctive flavor of Caracrystal® Wheat Malt.
Style: Belgian / French ales
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: All grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Services Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 8.5 lbs Pale Ale Malt Base 1 lb Caracrystal® Wheat Malt Caramel, Crystal 0.5 Aromatic Munich Malt Kilned, Munich 0.25 lb Carapils® Malt Dextrine 1 lb Light Belgian Candi Sugar 1 oz Spalter Select (5.0% AA hop) 60 minute boil 0.5 oz Spalter Select (5.0% AA hop) 10 minute boil 0.5 oz Galena (12.0% AA hop) 10 minute boil 2 vials WLP530 Abbey Ale Yeast 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 minute boil
- Mash grains at 148-152ºF for 60 minutes
- Heat to 170ºL
- Boil with bittering hops for 50 minutes
- Add second hop addition and sugar. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Cool to 70ºF. Oxygenate wort..
- Pitch 2 vials WLP530 Abbey Ale Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 70ºF
Secondary Fermentation: 4-6 weeks
Fermentation Notes: Bottle condition or force carbonate
Original Gravity: 1.061
Final Gravity: 1.013
Alcohol by Weight: 4.9%
Alcohol by Volume: 6.2%
Color: 13º Lovibond