(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Grain Hoarder Porter
Robust porter is a beautifully broad style, allowing numerous types of malt, yeast and hops. The interpretation below focuses on English varieties of hops and yeast, creating a wonderful traditional representation utilizing 5 pounds of 5 varieties of malt, hence the name.
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: Extract with grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Services Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 3.3 Lbs CBW® Porter LME 60 min boil 3.3 Lbs CBW® Golden Light LME 0 min boil 1.5 Lbs Brewers Malt Steeping Grain 1 Lb Victory® Malt Steeping Grain 1 Lb Caramel Malt 80L Steeping Grain 1 Lb Carapils® Malt Steeping Grain 0.5 Lb Dark Chocolate Malt Steeping Grain 1 oz First Gold Hops (7.5% AAU) 60 min boil 1 oz First Gold Hops (7.5% AAU) 10 min boil 2 Packs WLP017 Whitbread Ale Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 154ºF and steep grains for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, and stir in 3.3 lbs CBW® Porter LME.
- Bring water to a boil, add 1 oz of First Gold hops.
- After 50 minutes, add 1 oz of First Gold hops and yeast nutrient.
- Boil 10 minutes, and turn heat off.
- Stir to dissolve 3.3 lbs Briess CBW® Golden Light LME.
- Cool beer to 70ºF. Transfer to fermenter. Fill to 5 gallons with water.
- Pitch two packs of White Labs WLP017 Whitbread Ale yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 1 week at 66ºF - 70ºF
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 66ºF - 70ºF.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet WLP017 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.065
Final Gravity: 1.016
Alcohol by Weight: 6.4%
Alcohol by Volume: