(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
The session beer of session beers. Milds have fallen out of favor in the US and across the pond, but when you want a beer and there's work to be done, look no further than the magnificent Mild.
Style: Mild / Red / Brown Ales
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: All grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 3.5 lbs Pale Ale Malt Steeping Grain 3.5 lbs Ashburne® Mild Malt Steeping Grain 0.5 lb Caramel Malt 80L Steeping Grain 2 oz Black Malt Steeping Grain .5 oz Fuggle Hops (4.8% AAU) 60 min boil .5 oz Fuggle Hops (4.8% AAU) 10 min boin 1 pack WLP013 London Ale Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 167°F.
- Mash grains at 154°F for 1 hour.
- Heat 5.5 gallons of 180°F sparge water in a kettle.
- Sparge and collect 6 gallons in kettle; bring to boil.
- Add .5 oz of Fuggle hops.
- After 50 minutes add yeast nutrient.
- Boil 5 more minutes and add .5 oz if Fuggle hops.
- After 5 minutes, turn heat off.
- Cool beer to 71°F. Transfer to fermenter.
- Pitch a pack of White Labs WLP013 London Ale Yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks at 69°F-71°F.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with 3/4 cup dissolved priming sugar and 1/4 packet of WLP013 yeast for 3-4 weeks.
Original Gravity: 1.038
Final Gravity: 1.009
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 3.7%