(0) Search Results for:Filter Results
Sea Lion Standard California Common
San Francisco Lager yeast is the basis for this classic American style. A true lager yeast that ferments warm, this strain creates a unique malty and biscuity beer. Try this style with the new Carapils® Copper malt and expect awesome results.
Style: Other Lager
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Recipe Type: All grain
Recipe Contributed By: Briess Technical Team
Quantity Ingredient Comment Malt Style 10.25 lbs Briess Brewers Malt Mashing grain 1.75 lbs Briess Carapils® Copper Malt Mashing grain 0.25 lb Briess Carabrown® Malt Mashing grain 1 oz Perle Hops (8.2% AAU) 60 min boil 1 oz Northern Brewer Hops (8% AAU) 10 min boil 2 packs White Labs WLP810 San Francisco Lager Yeast Fermenter 1 capsule Servomyces Yeast Nutrient 10 min boil
- Bring 3.7 gallons of water to 168°F.
- Mash grains at 154°F for 1 hour.
- Heat 4.5 gallons of 180°F sparge water in a kettle.
- Sparge and collect 6.3 gallons in kettle; bring to boil.
- Add 1 oz Perle hops.
- After 50 minutes, add 1 oz Northern Brewer hops and yeast nutrient
- Boil 10 more minutes and turn heat off.
- Cool beer to 68°F. Transfer to fermenter.
- Pitch one pack of White Labs WLP810 San Francisco Lager yeast.
Primary Fermentation: 3-4 weeks at 60°F - 65°F.
Secondary Fermentation: Ferment 2 weeks at 58°F - 62°F.
Fermentation Notes: Force carbonate or bottle condition with ¾ cup dissolved priming sugar, and ¼ packet of WLP810 San Francisco Lager Yeast for 3-4 weeks at 65°F.
Original Gravity: 1.053
Final Gravity: 1.013
Alcohol by Weight:
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%