Whether you’re making a Pumpkin Ale or Pumpkin Pie from scratch this Thanksgiving, don’t waste those tasty seeds!
Always on the look-out for recipes that could be improved with malt extract, I found this one and kicked it up a notch using Briess CBW® Sparkling Amber to give it a deep, caramel flavor. That’s a wonderfully warm, appealing flavor for any Thanksgiving feast or delightful snack. Pair it with your Pumpkin Ale or a Malted Milk Shake, and you’ll have plenty to be thankful for.
Candied Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons CBW® Sparkling Amber LME
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ pinch ginger
- ¼ pinch clove
- ¼ pinch cardamom
- When gutting your pumpkin for pie, remove the seeds first. Rinse the seeds in a colander and drain. Then saute them in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until puffed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the sugar, olive oil, CBW® Sparkling Amber, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom.
- Continue cooking for about 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds out on a piece of parchment paper, separate using two forks and allow to cool completely.
- Enjoy this fall treat 😊 .
- Seeds can be stored in airtight containers for up to one month.