Our Special Roast Malt is a complex flavored Biscuit-style Malt that gives deep golden to brown hues to your brew. It is made with a proprietary malting process that intensifies the toasty and biscuity flavors, which develops noticeable bran flake notes and creates its distinguishing bold sourdough/tangy flavor. Special Roast is more deeply roasted than it’s sister product, Victory® Malt, and is excellent in IPA, ESB, Amber, Nut Brown Ale, Porter and other dark beer styles.
|Mealy / Half / Glassy||95% / 5% / 0%|
|Extract FG, Dry Basis||72.0%|
FLAVOR & COLOR CONTRIBUTIONS
- Malt Style: Biscuit-style malt
- Flavor: Toasty, biscuity, bran flakes, sourdough, tangy
- Color: Deep golden to brown hues
CHARACTERISTICS / APPLICATIONS
- Both Special Roast and Victoryº Malt (28º L) are drum-roasted biscuit-style malts.
- Special Roast is not only more deeply roasted than Victory® Malt, it is also produced from a proprietary malting/roasting process that kicks up the intensity of the toasty and biscuity flavors, develops noticeable bran flake notes and creates its distinguishing bold sourdough/tangy flavor.
- Produced in the U.S.A. from AMBA/BMBRI recommended 2-Row malting varieties.
SUGGESTED USAGE LEVELS
- 5-10% Excellent in IPA, ESB, Amber, Nut Brown Ale, Porter and other dark beer styles