- Virgin coconut oil, for greasing
- 1/2 cup hot Masala Chai Tea (brew for 3-5 minutes at 190°F – 210°F)
- 1/2 cup CBW® Sparkling Amber LME, plus extra for glazing
- 7 tbsp. of dark unrefined sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- Mixed dried fruit
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Use coconut oil to grease the inside of two 9″ x 3″ non-stick loaf tins, then line with strips of baking parchment paper.
- Combine CBW® Sparkling Amber LME and sugar into a large mixing bowl, then slowly stir in hot tea (at approximately 200°F) to create a warm mixture. Once DME and sugar have been well stirred, add two eggs. At this time you can also add in optional dry fruit.
- In a small separate bowl combine remaining ingredients (flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda) and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients into the LME and sugar solution and beat until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared tins and bake for 45 – 50 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with a little more malt to glaze, return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes, until firm and fully risen.
- Let loaves cool. Once cooled, remove loaves from tins. You can enjoy while still warm, slicing and adding butter. TIP: wrap loaves in plastic and set aside for 2-5 days, this will create a true gooey, sticky loaf to savor.