Using Briess CBW extracts to make an outstanding beer can be taken to another level by incorporating your Oktoberfest with pumpkin to create a delicious fall pumpkin bread to accompany your holiday meals.
- 2 cups (411 grams) sugar
- 1 cup (200 grams) safflower oil
- 2/3 cup ( 185 grams) Oktoberfest Beer*
- ¼ cup (75 grams ) honey or Briess White Grain Sorghum Syrup 60DE (WGSS 60DE)
- 4 large (200 grams ) eggs
- 1-15oz (425 grams) solid pumpkin
- 3 ½ cups (475 grams) All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (11 grams) baking soda
- 2 teaspoons (13 grams) salt
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease pans with shortening ( two 9” x 5” loaves or six mini 5 ¾” x 3 ¼” pans)
- Beat sugar, safflower oil, Oktoberfest Beer, and Honey OR Briess WGSS 60DE together on medium speed until well blended.
- Add 1 egg at a time beating after each addition.
- Add pumpkin and beat on low speed until completely blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice together.
- Add dry flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and beat on low until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Divide dough into prepared pans. Either 2 loaf pans or 6 mini pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55 – 65 minutes for loaf pans or 30 – 40 minutes for mini’s.
- Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool for an additional 30 minutes before slicing.